Woot! The baked pudding came out delicious. I'm posting the recipe below almost verbatim, though with some amendments (a lot less sugar and double quantities of mostly everything else).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two 1-quart glass or ceramic baking dishes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta and egg yolks. Mix well until smooth. Stir in flour and 1/3 cup of sugar. Mix until the ricotta is free of almost all lumps. Stir in the lemon and orange rinds and the juices.
- In an electric mixer or with a wire whisk, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually beat in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Continue beating the whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whites into the ricotta mixture. Pour the batter into the two baking dishes.
- Bake the pudding on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the middle is firm when the baking dish is lightly shaken.
- Cover, refrigerate, and serve chilled.
This post is part of Simple Lives Thursday.